Valentine’s Day is a time for exchanging gifts, indulging your sweet tooth and spending time with the one you love. Of all the places you and your valentine could be, where better to spend the day together than in the place you love most: Home Sweet Home. As you and your household are exchanging gifts this Valentine’s Day, don’t forget to show your home some love, too.
How To Show Your Home Some Love
- Tackle that project you’ve been putting off. With spring just around the corner, take on those landscaping projects one at a time to give your home’s curb appeal a lift.
- Are any of your appliances on their last legs? Treat your home to a new washer and dryer, dishwasher or refrigerator.
- Try simple DIY upgrades such as replacing accent pillows, rearranging furniture, adding a new light fixture or repainting your trim to freshen up your interior.
- Show you care for your home by reviewing your insurance policy and making adjustments as needed. Although it may not be the most exciting task, it can save you time and money in the long run.
Pre-Spring Cleaning Checklist
Homeowners commonly look to spring as the season of cleaning. However, there are simple projects you can tackle around the house before springtime to make sure your cleaning is effective as possible.
- Declutter all rooms in your house to prepare them for spring cleaning
- Clean the insides of your appliances including your refrigerator, stove and dishwasher to get a head start on the tough-to-clean areas of your kitchen
- Wipe down curtains, tablecloths and placemats. These items accrue dust and crumbs easily
- Treat your floors with shampoo, wax or polish as needed. This will get them primed and ready for a deep spring cleaning
- Check air ducts, dryer vents and HVAC systems. This is a great time to examine what replacement and/or repair orders may be needed in the spring
- Check your smoke detectors and give them fresh set of batteries
This checklist will help make your spring cleaning go smoother than ever before, so show your home some love!
Source: Windermere Home Update